Yield: 15 pieces
Prep time: 30-35 minutes
Cooking time: 20-25 minutes
• Cook mongo until soft and mushy. Drain excess water. Pass thru a fine sieve if desired. For every 2 cups of mashed and cooked mongo beans add 1 cup sugar. Cook over low heat, stirring continuously until sugar is completely dissolved; set aside to cool.
• If making Ube flavored “buchi”, add I teaspoon Ube extract or flavocol into the ½ cup water and instead of using monggo filling use ube halaya.
• After rolling the stuffed dough into the sesame seeds, chill or rest the “buchi” to set firm the sesame coating so as to avoid sesame seeds from floating in the oil while frying.
• Do not fry “buchi” in a very hot oil, otherwise you’ll end up having toasted, burned outer layer and uncooked inside. Sometimes you’ll end up having popped or bursts “buchi .
• Make sure to fry in batches so as not to over crowd the pot and this will give the “buchi” to freely float in the frying pot to achieve its size and color.